Friday, January 16, 2009

My Testimony

My testimony as a child of God.
MY LIFE

Milford Gangadeen
12/20/2008


This is just a little bio about certain experiences with me. Each one showing how God was there every step of the way. It is my desire to share what was done for me can be done for you. Nothing just happens. God uses extreme circumstances to show us that he exists. I pray that this may be a blessing to those who read this. God Bless you all. Enjoy.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, he will hear us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to the word….. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not since against you. Psalm 119: 9, 11

Whoever has my commands and obeys the, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. John 14:21

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:9

You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and all of Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1:8

“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19

Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23


Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and on the third day he was raised from the dead.



This was Gods will from the time he was born.


My name is Milford Gangadeen, and I am from Brooklyn, New York. I am extremely blessed to share with you my life in a nutshell to say the least. I am 30 years old and had my share of experiences far more than the average man will ever go thru. I have been saying this since I became 18. Since then I had a few more experiences, so I thought I would share a few with you. Understand that every day of my life since I was born has been an experience; I can go on and on and on… I think you get the picture, but to name a few …. I remember...
In 1983 I was involved in a near fatal car crash in Florida with my Mom and Dad, my brother who was 5 months old at the time, and my 18 year old aunt. My Dad was driving on the highway and it just so happened to be that he was talking to my aunt about who Jesus Christ was and then bam it happened. Apparently a drunk driver of an 18 wheel big rig truck missed his exit on the highway and instead of getting off at the next exit and then rerouting he made a u turn on the highway. My father was driving a 1983 Toyota Tercel, for those who know cars it was a very small car. While my father came around the bend of the highway we smashed right under the back side of the truck. It took the top part of the car right off. My Mom and Dad had injuries that were not life threatening, injuries yes, but considering the crash it was a miracle. I almost lost my left eye, which was repaired thru plastic surgery. My brother had blood in his brain at the age of 5 months that had to be drained due to this. Doctors said he would probably be a vegetable. Today he would argue in good health that he is the smartest in the family. Unfortunately my aunt wasn’t so fortunate, she didn’t make it. But I believe she found Christ that night because nothing just happens, God spared 4 and took 1 that night, the 1 that was being told who Jesus Christ was. Tomorrow is promised to no one. We were blessed that night. And I believe my aunt was also blessed that night as she met God the very night she was introduced to him.
In September of 1985, I was privileged to attend Bay Ridge Christian Academy. I was fortunate to attend this school until 1993 which was the year I graduated. I remember every single year I attended BRCA, including the year I got paddled. This school is the reason why I know who Jesus Christ is. Despite graduating and knowing the truth about Jesus, I still had a lot to learn.
I attended Canarsie High School from 1993-1997. It didn’t take long for me to be dropped from every single honors class I entered since leaving BRCA. I wasn’t used to the public school system and I had it pretty rough in the beginning. Although I came into my own after my second year, it was no BRCA. Despite going astray from my teachings at BRCA, I always knew that the time I spent at BRCA would be the long lasting memories and applications I value in my life. But I still decided to see what the world had to offer. Thank God I was properly equipped and ready for it, mainly in part for BRCA.
In 1998 I enlisted in the US Army. One of the worst mistakes in my life. Seriously. I enlisted because when I was 18 I had became a father, when my daughter was born I thought I would go to the army and make something for myself and take care of what I needed to. Boy was I wrong. This ordeal lasted 3 months, I told you I wasn’t cut out for this stuff, although I received an honorable discharge this was a tragedy from the very beginning. I respect all those who serve the country in any branch of service. But this definitely wasn’t for me. For all you militants out there, I did my basic training at Fort Benning, Georgia, home of the infantry. My Company was Delta 258, also known as the House of Pain. Believe me when I tell you that I kept the Lord close to me during these 3 months in the military. It was rough. I remember a week into my military career, I was being sent to start actual basic training. I experienced what was called Shark Attack. Among my many experiences in the Army, this was the one I remembered the most. I remember being packed in a cattle truck with about 100 other soldiers. This 5 minute ride felt like an hour, but when that truck stopped and the doors was let open Shark Attack began. The drill sergeants rushed the truck and started screaming and yelling at me, getting all in my face, calling me names, and basically letting me know whose house I was in. I ran so fast to the area where these drill sergeants gathered us like cattle. All I know it was total madness, people were vomiting, falling down, passing out, personal belongings were everywhere. Just thinking about it makes me sick. It was this that made me say to myself I need to get out of here. But that was a separate task. It wasn’t easy, it’s not like I could have said I don’t like this anymore send me home. It took my two feet to get me out of there, and no I didn’t run. I found out I was flat footed, boy was this an answer to my prayers for God to get me out of there. I probably could have dealt with the pain and stayed in the Army with my flat feet, but that was my ticket outta there. So instead of being a man, I complained until they got rid of me. It took a little time, but I was back home where I belonged and I was happy. God knew that this venture was temporary, but he was with me thru this. He provided an answer to my prayers and the same feet that took me in took me out. Only God was able to provide a way such like this, and he did.
In 2001, my wife and I were involved in a car crash of the ages. I mean, this could have been the end for me as well as my wife but, again God was there. I was driving a 1983 Toyota Supra, straight 6, for all you car enthusiast. I was coming home and I was following my friend and his wife who were in front of me in their car. I guess I was speeding and as I came around a turn it was near an exit ramp where another car had gotten off. I had to press down on the brakes to avoid a collision, so as I downshifted to third gear, the car slid out of control violently skidding towards the curb. As the wheels made contact with the curb, it folded up right underneath the car sending the car airborne. To this very day I remember the car flipping over and over and over a total of 9 times. As the car was flipping there was debris flying in and out of the car. To make matters worse I wasn’t wearing my seat belt, so right before the car made contact with the curb I placed my back against the door as I clutched the steering wheel and the back of my headrest and held on for dear life. At one point I actually thought I was dead, because it was actually unbelievable. Hollywood stuntmen couldn’t duplicate this on any good day. As the car was flipping I could see outside as I had my eyes fixed in one area to see if I could see where we were. I saw a pole approach and right before the car struck the pole, I ducked. If I didn’t duck, my head would have been where the pole and the car made contact leaving perhaps a different story to tell. The pole actually stopped the car from flipping on to the highway which was another flip down the hill away from happening. The car landed on its side, passenger side down or driver’s side up, however you prefer to put it. At this point I still didn’t know if I was alive until I heard a little voice saying Hunny….Hunny……it was my wife trapped in her seat because the seat belt was stuck. I heard the car hissing as if it was about to blow. I tried everything and couldn’t get her out. I started to panic. I began kicking out the front windshield, but that was a task. As I looked up I noticed the window was open, so I climbed out to get some help. My friend who was driving in front of me was able to see the crash thru his rear view window. I was able to get out the car just before he came back around to the scene. I saw him looking around as if he was looking for me in pieces. I called out his name and when he saw me he hugged me as if he saw a ghost. He asked me about my wife, so I told him the situation with her. He then jumped in the car and cut her out of her seat, and took her out. All this happened before any emergency response arrived. 2 hours later I was on my way home with my wife just thinking about how it is that neither of us is dead. I mean the injuries were equivocate to falling off of a bicycle. 2 days later I returned to work. Years later I found out I had a fractured hip which eventually healed but at the time of the crash and going to the hospital, I didn’t know. Talk about being blessed. I felt like the hands of God slapped the car right off the road and grabbed it right before the worse could have happened. To this very day I know it was God that allowed my wife and I to walk out of that car crash alive, with all our limbs attached. It was totally unbelievable. My father who was lying in his bed at the time of the crash had my second daughter but first with my wife lying on his chest. He told me that he felt something bad happened in his spirit because he jumped out of his sleep clutching our daughter at the same time the car accident occurred. Days later he went to the junkyard where my car was taken to retrieve some belongings from the car; it was then when he saw the car that it was actually worse, judging the way the car looked. He said the whole car was totaled. It was a true miracle that we walked out of that car alive. He said it was definitely the hands of God that saved us that night. To this very day, I have not seen the car, but I was in it and I know for myself that God spared my wife and my life at the same time. Sometimes God goes thru drastic measures to prove his point. And I felt it firsthand. I thank God all the time for saving me that night, because if I were dead the truth is it wouldn’t have been unbelievable that someone did not survive a crash like that, but because I did that in itself shows that God is almighty and in full control.
On as personal note, I remember when my wife had a miscarriage. At the time we had no idea she was pregnant. On a routine physical, test showed that she had miscarried. I was upset, but not at my wife or myself, I was thinking about the possibility of what this child could have been or meant. I was angry. I was saying to myself. You already have 2 beautiful daughters what more can I want. Truth is I also want a son. I already have 2 princesses, now I need my little prince. I prayed to God and asked him somehow some way that the child that was lost was replaced, but at the same time if my wife were to become pregnant again, that child would not lose its sequence as a replacement to the one lossed. Kind of weird, but that’s how it was for me. I said Lord, if it’s meant for me to have more kids; I would like to have twins. To me that was a way of having the child that was lossed as well as the other without losing sequence. I know it sounds crazy. But I was selfish like that. I felt robbed. Anyways my wife did become pregnant. 3 months in to her pregnancy we had an emergency in her first trimester that I thought was another miscarriage. I prayed and I asked the Lord to make things work out. I never even thought about my previous prayer after the first miscarriage. I remember when I was waiting for my wife to come back from taking her sonogram pacing back and forth in thought with God. I saw her coming down the hall, so I was more nervous than before. So the nurse looked at me with no expression whatsoever, at this point I was like it’s definitely a miscarriage. He looked at me and said it’s two of them. I said what. He said she’s carrying twins, that’s why the complications. I said ok now what’s the real truth. He said that is. Well I don’t need to tell you how things turned out. We had twin boys, born healthy and sound. God does answer prayers. Sometimes you have to careful what you ask for because it just might. With God all things are possible. That was confirmation that God is listening and supernaturally things happen. God is the choreographer and he knows all things. With him nothing just happens. My life was predestined and designed by God. I personally believe it.
They are so many more situations where the Lord came thru in my life, but the struggle will always continue. Why you say? As long as you believe that God exists and believe that he sent his son on earth to die on the cross to die for your sins and the sins of the rest of the world, then you will have to share a burden. Jesus Christ paid the ultimate price. All we have to do is believe and confess it with our mouth. No one said it would be easy, but thru Christ all things are possible. You see Satan makes it his issue to prevent you from following Christ and believing in God. But God would never put you thru something you cannot handle no matter how bad you think it may be. Remember that Satan has already been defeated; he is just running around playing the fool. His time will come. Tomorrow is promised to no one. If you don’t make that choice today, your tomorrow could be no more. I have been blessed to live past my experiences thus far, and I wanted to share some of my experiences with you, because there is someone out there who will read this and come to know Jesus Christ. If that someone is you pray this prayer out loud wherever you may be;

Dear Lord Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner and I need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior.
In Jesus’ name. Amen

Congratulations on becoming a child of God, and welcome to the family. God bless.

No comments: